Monday, March 4, 2019

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

"Someday, we all will be able to see the love of Christ Jesus fully from each other's lives..."

I dream dreams today as I listen this divine music leaking from heaven above...

Heart and Mouth and Deed and Life....



by J S Bach



Well for me that I have Jesus,
O how tightly I hold him
that he might refresh my heart,
when I'm sick and sad.
Jesus I have, who loves me
and gives himself to me,
ah, therefore I will not leave Jesus,
Even if I feel my heart is breaking.


Jesus remains my joy,
my heart's comfort and essence,
Jesus fends off all suffering,
He is my life's strength,
my eye's desire and sun,
my soul's treasure and pleasure;
Therefore I will not leave Jesus
out of heart and face.


“Jesu, Meiner Seele Wonne” written by Martin Janus, 1661


No comments:

Post a Comment