Tuesday, February 26, 2019

My Good Lord and a Beautiful People!

"My Good Shepherd" painted by Darrell Cotterrill

One day, when I was enjoying my sabbath time listening to my favorite kinds of music at home through web searching, my wife came hurriedly but talked to me softly, "They are so beautiful!". Then she stayed there for a while and watched them like a mother watches their children listening to their song. For that moment, she seemed like falling in love with that song and also with that group. I noticed it right away. 

She was somewhat deeply touched by the whole scene not just for their singing itself but also their continence because she does not quite often comment on someone's singing. If she makes any comments when I am listening to music, it is usually "Would you turn it down little bit? Please...."

Actually, she came from the other side of the house as she heard the song, "You're Good Lord!" by four of those from the morning prayer group who were studying at Mannes School of Music in Manhattan. They know the Lord and that song should be their own story too. 

Anyway, she looked very happy as she watched them; however, those four who sang inside of the screen also looked very happy too! "Why?", I wondered. Maybe because those singers are falling in love with Someone. Who is that? As they sang, it is pretty obvious. And it  is our good Lord! And maybe because my wife instantly noticed it as she heard their song from a distance, also she fell in love with their stories, I mean their song, I pondered.

So how could I look like right next to her who looked very very happy? I must be looking like very very happy too because I fell in love with what I was watching and listening at the moment as a whole in awe - those singers, their song as well as my wife. I learned that happy people look good and beautiful and a happy song sounds good and beautiful too!

It is truly truly true that if someone fell in love with someone, that person is the happiest person in the world. Another words, if we have someone whom we can love, we are the happiest people in the world or if we have even something we love to do, we must be a happy people. Another words, we are a beautiful people!

The word of God clearly reminds us in the beginning after He created us, 

"It is so good!" (Genesis 1:31)

God fell in love with what He created and called them good. Really? No! But God even went further calling them very good! How can we not call our Lord God, GOOD, who provides all those around us abundantly, even with the love that we cannot imagine in our head? 

Are you a happy person? So are you a beautiful person? 

Why?


Vocal Quartet by M2PS Praise Ensemble 


You're Good Lord
written by KY Kim

The very good Lord, my precious Master;
because You are always with me, I have no fear.
When my soul is tired and my heart is troubled,
“Come and rest in me”, You speak to me.  

In the life through wilderness, trusting only in You,
You make me strong in Your guiding,
let me stay in Your love, O Lord,
then, I will trust only in You now and forever!

From the place where we gather in Jesus’ name, 
as we depart, You are always with us,
following your words in our life on earth,
let us live with Your victory now and forever.

In the life through wilderness, trusting only in You,
You make me strong in Your guiding,
let me stay in Your love, O Lord,
then, I will trust only in You now and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment