Thursday, October 18, 2018

Exercise Your Heart!



(from the road sign between Princeton and Markesan on the highway 73 during summer 2018)

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10)

For quite a few years as I have watched the struggles in the Christian churches in North America, I have wondered whether those are what God wants us to be. Even the community has not been transformed by the presence of all Christians now. Still challenged by the same hatred issues, the addiction issues, the homeless issues and all kinds of ism issues around us and in us, we have lost the deep sense of who we are. 

Are we still OK to be called as a church, the body of Christ? 

If we are not comfortable to answer it, how can we be a church together, as a body of Christ, where God's true peace and love dwells, holding the transforming power of our living God again?

I was wondering, "what if we have a heart of Jesus Christ..." 

But "how can we?" and I looked up.

"Exercise Your Heart!" 

The world knows it better..

No comments:

Post a Comment